Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday - The Media Mesh

It may not look it, but I really don't know a lot about the social media scene. I know, shocking! It was only until recently that  I decided to dip my little toe into this ocean of connectivity. In large part, the decision to explore a little deeper was influence by one of my media savvy friends. Karen Wilson and I have been friends for a few years. I first met her at a book club we both attended. It was a book club where "club" was spelt with a "k" and all talk of books was banned. In fact, that was the first rule. Naturally talk turned to other subjects such a children, work, and our own personal interests. Karen is very interested, nay passionate, about all things social media. Different tools and platforms, the ever changing way it connects people, the impact it has on society, everything! She loves it and knows her stuff. She could write a book on it, but then we wouldn't be able to talk about it, so she's done one better. She created The Media Mesh instead.

If you're passionate about social media, or even a newbie such as myself, you can learn a lot from Karen and The Media Mesh. Over the years she has gain a vast amount of knowledge and experience and wants to share it. She welcomes any questions, comments and ideas you want to put to her. In her Buzz and Brilliance segments she explores what's making headlines in social media. The good, the bad and the ugly of it all. She has created a Business Book Club which is open to all those interested and, shockingly, encourages discussion about actual books! (I know, she's quite the innovator) You can also find her on Twitter, where you can join her in discussing all things social media, at @Karen_C_Wilson. I think she lives there on a fairly regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenn. You're officially hired to write my bio. I'm so grateful for the recommendation and thrilled you're finding The Media Mesh useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Although I came very close to a horrendous mistake. I was going to shorten "social media" to SM, so I wouldn't have to keep typing it. I'm not sure how happy you'd be if your bio claimed you were a SM expert with years of experience! Lol

      Delete

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.