Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Fussn' and a Feudn'

`
When you live with another human being, especially for a long while, you get to discover all the little things that make that person who they are. Some of these things endear them to you even more. The way they might tap their fingers when they're thinking. Maybe they've never outgrown the need to keep everything on their plate separate from touching. It can even be as simple as knowing how many sugars they take in their coffee. Whatever the reason, it's the little things that make people and the relationships you have with them special and unique. It's because of these small lovable things that we are able to tolerate all the things they do that drive us absolutely nuts!

My husband and I are at the point in our relationship where we both know we aren't going anywhere. It's perhaps because we're secure in this knowledge that we feel free to torment each other from time to time. There's a lot of teasing and making fun of each other under this roof. Sometimes it's light hearted jabbing, and other times it seems to take on a life of it's own.  It gets competitive and no one wants to lose. Occasionally we seem to fixate on one of those little things the other does that bugs us. We just can't let it drop. This month's obsession is my make up.

Apparently I have a tendency to leave my make up all over the bathroom counter. Before the kids arrived, I had my own bathroom, so it really didn't matter where things went and what state I left everything in. Now my bathroom is the kid's bathroom and I'm forced to share the en suite with Scott. He stills feels some ownership of the en suite; like he's allowing me to use his bathroom. I really don't have anywhere to put my stuff, so sometimes it can get a bit messy. There is no counter space, so I end up leaving a lot of my make up in the sink which, apparently, is a no no. It's not like it would stay there FOREVER, I just haven't gotten around to putting it away yet. I'm a busy girl! Rush, rush, rush and all that. Eventually I'll put it away, but eventually isn't soon enough. Says the man who can't seem to find the laundry hamper.

Oh my gosh, stop nagging! Which he has in fact done. Instead every time he finds make up strewn across his the counter, he hides it somewhere. This is a dangerous game he's playing! I hate being late and this is going to make me very late at some point. He does a lot of things that annoy me too, but I have the decency to nag him about it like a normal person. NOT play silly games that tear at one's sanity. Seriously, if this is the game he wants to play, I will FINISH him! Oh no. Now it's a competition. I can't back off of something that might allow me to win. Especially if it means his utter, total, humiliation. Oh, it's on alright. I just talked myself into it now. Are you happy Scott? Is this what you wanted?

First field of battle: Someone has been leaving used tea bags on the kitchen sink instead of putting them in the composter.

Watch your back Scott. And your pockets too. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.