Friday, February 17, 2012

FYI: I'm Not Dead

It was pointed out to me a few days ago that I haven't written about anything in quite a while. That's probably an understatement. I think my last post was on January 26th and it's now February 16th. Or is it the 17th?  I'm not sure anymore. The fact of the matter is that I haven't abandoned my blog in any way.  I've just put it on the back burner for the moment. Why? Because I live at ground zero right now. Everyone in this house has been sick, to a greater or lesser extent, since before Christmas.

I'm tired.  I usually don't get sick myself, and I count myself lucky that when I do it passes quickly. We're also lucky that no one has gotten seriously ill.  Right now everyone is feverish and have varying degrees of bronchitis. No pneumonia. No trips to the doctors. So I'm thankful for that.

What it lacks in seriousness it more than makes up for in persistence. It totally wears you down! Every one's nose is red and raw. Our throats and chests hurt from near constant coughing. We're tired and haven't been sleeping well, if at all. The fevers just keep returning, again and again.  Everyone is sick so there's no one to pass the ball to.  We just have to wait it out and hope that at least some of us start feeling better soon. We are SOOOOO done with this! Seriously. I want a prize at the end and it better not be some dumb t-shirt that says "I was sick and all I got was this dumb t-shirt". That's not even funny or ironic.  Just dumb.

So to sum up. Not dead. (yet) Just taking a break until we are well. Plus we've been all stuck inside for EVER so there isn't anything to write about anyways. Of course you could wait a few weeks. If we're all still sick it might take a Shining turn. Miss. A does a mean "red rum" imitation. It's pretty frightening, really.

PS, I just spell checked and got "pneumonia" right on the first try. Score one for me! Things are looking better already. Of course it could just be a new syptom presenting. Paging Dr. House...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.