Friday, July 6, 2012

All Days Should End Like This

Some days are just good days, no two ways about it. Whatever doubts you had yesterday are banished to the back of your mind along with your increasingly long "to do" list. Everything is put on hold while you live in that perfect moment. It's often a very difficult thing to do. To just live in the moment and enjoy it for what it is. It's something more people should consciously try to do; it does wonderful things for your well -being. A friend and I sat in the shade sipping lemonade while our kids played in the pool. They squealed with laughter as they chased each other, pouring buckets of water over each other's head. It was a hot day, but really I don't think they noticed. They were having way too much fun.

Later, while I was cleaning up after dinner, Baby K came in to see what I was up to. I was playing music while I tidied and she danced with a big smile on her face. She loves to dance! Miss. A joined us, and before I knew it, we were all dancing in the kitchen. If anyone looked in, they would have seen us dancing like wolves, the wind, and occasionally Miss A broke out her "cool moves". It was so much fun! In a way, I'm kind of thankful for all those trying times because it makes moments like that so much more rewarding. I didn't realize during those many, many, hours of rocking a colicky baby, that I would be later spinning and dipping a feisty four year old. It would have seemed so very far away, but was totally worth the wait.

6 comments:

  1. Makes it all worth it! Nice. (from NaBloPoMo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For certain. I just hope they don't grow out of it too soon!

      Delete
  2. Love it. I wrote a post kinda like this (scheduled to post tomorrow) about how much more I appreciate being up and playing with my kids and being happy at the little things because of my struggle with depression and such. We need the opposition to make us appreciate the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! It's our opposites that often define us, or at least, who we want to be. Without them, it's difficult to appreciate what we *do* have.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun time. Enjoy all these special moments with the kids! These are the moments that make memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the truth. In fact it's those moments I remember as a kid myself!

      Delete

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.